Friday, July 26, 2002

In lieu of a hymn, some days I prefer the psalms. Even though there are some innacuracies in the translation, I also prefer the King James Version for its majesty and poetry. When there's a major deficiency, I'll use a different text, but basically the psalms should be approached as the Mass is, and that means experiencing beauty.

The 23rd Psalm

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home